Are you one of those bag-loving females who have a whole closet filled with handbags, totes, slings, satchels, clutches, shoulder bags, and more? If yes, it’s important that you know how to take care of your beloved bags. Now, have a look at the tips below:
1. Avoid placing your bag on the floor. There are surely a lot of dirt and particles that can damage the material of your bag. Make it a habit to bring a bag hanger that you can use whenever you’re out.
2. Clean your bags in moderation and follow the care instructions, if available. Too much cleaning can destroy the material faster. The answer to this is to keep the material as clean as possible for as long as possible.
3. Store your bags in clean containers or a neat storage area free of insects, bugs, or rodents. Never use plastic because it can keep in moisture that can destroy your bag.
4. Don’t forget to put fillers in your bags when you store them to retain their shape. You can use tissue paper or newspaper (just make sure the newsprint doesn’t cause your bag to get dirty).
5. Repair any damages right away to prevent them from getting worse. Always check the zippers, buttons, linings, and all other parts of your bags.
6. Invest in cleaning and protective products like leather protector to increase the lifespan of your bags. Be sure to get the right product for a particular material.
7. For bags with chains, be sure to keep them inside the bag as much as possible when stored. This will prevent scratching and damage on the bag’s surface, as well as the dulling of the chain’s shine.
8. Use your bags properly. Do not overload them, and allow them to rest now and then.
With these tips, you can be sure to extend the life of your favorite bags. Keep them in mind and start caring for your bags the right way!